The International Dissemination Event-final conference was organized on 21-22.02.2023 by the Faculty of Computer Science of Bialystok University of Technology, Białystok, Poland.
The title was: “Towards e-coaching, the first step to build trust with a digital coach”.
The event was held in hybrid form, both on site as also online in a virtual meeting created on the MS Teams Platform, allowing participants to choose their possibility to take part in the conference all over the world. Hence, we had online participants and more participants attended the event onsite including: academic teachers and students from BUT, teachers from secondary school, representatives from the Marshall Office of Voivodeship representatives of IT companies from IT cluster in Bialystok, representatives of partner’s institutions from TUC, TAMK and ULE. Teachers and students from Erasmus exchange program visiting BUT, teachers visiting BUT for cooperation agreements, staff from secondary school’s exchange programs visiting Bialystok. Among online participants we had connected teachers from Turkey and Estonia, and they transmitted it to the wider group at their schools.
The conference was opened by the vice-rector for promotion and cooperation of BUT – prof. Dorota Krawczyk, what was the big honor to organizers and participants.
The goal of the event was to present and promote the main project outputs and results, to share experience and discuss. In program we include the following points:
- The presentation of O1 results: Methodology & Handbook: Anne Bastian, M. Sc. Sandy Adam (Leipzig University)
- The presentation of O2 results: Coursevo Platform: Dr Polyxeni Arapi (Technical University of Crete, Greece)
- The presentation of O3 Pilots in Poland at Bialystok University of Technology Introduction: prof. Dorota Mozyrska
- E-coaching methodology in teaching programming: prof. Ireneusz Mrozek, dr inż. Maciej Kopczyński
- E-coaching methodology in teaching linear algebra and calculus: dr Marzena Filipowicz-Chomko, prof. Dorota Mozyrska, prof. Małgorzata Wyrwas
- Student’s references Bialystok University of Technology, Poland
- About implementation of project results at other universities – Maritime University in Szczecin: dr inż. Piotr Wołejsza, Master Mariner, prof MUS (Szczecin, Poland)
- A new coaching pedagogy for the online environment: Senior Lecturer Juha Tuominen (Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland)
- TEC-How to prepare a course with e-coaching: Senior Lecturer Timo Nevalainen (Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland)
- Impressions from students, who took part at math courses, their talk is recorded, see link: https://youtu.be/3ah1ppJ7f24
There was prepared the film about the conference from two days and it is now on youtube of the project: https://youtu.be/Ig1IQW5__Wc
More photos and longer description you can find at https://pb.edu.pl/en/2023/02/21/towards-e-coaching-conference-multiplier-event/.